Essentially, this is a 2-outlet power strip with 2 USB-C PD ports, with an innovative and excellent cord management solution. The best things about it are:
- the cord won't dangle and get caught and frayed in the drawer mechanism, or get stuck in the drawer below or hung up on pots/pans etc underneath the drawer.
- the USB C PD ports are capable of charging your laptop or super fast charging compatible phones.
- the hinged cord manager in the back causes very little resistance, and doesn't interfere with my slow-close drawer. It still closes completely.
- Low profile (90 degree) plug for below the drawer. Everything should have this. This reduces the likelihood that furniture or pots/pans, etc. will knock your plug out and disconnect your power, and guarantees you can push your desk, etc all the way up to the wall.
The not so great things:
- If your drawer pushes all the way back to the back of the cabinet/desk, then this thing won't fit. You need 2" or so of a gap between the back of your drawer and the rear of the space. You can cut the drawer to shorten it, but that can get real complicated real fast, depending on the design of the drawer and where your drawer slider hardware is located.
- I noticed that the outlet receptacles don't pinch very tightly on the plug. This is a problem because the thing is inside a drawer. This almost guarantees you will have things in the drawer that could roll around and knock the plug. It has already happened to me that the plug…