Pretty Excellent if you can make it work for your setup.
Essentially, this is a 2-outlet power strip with 2 USB-C PD ports, with an innovative and excellent cord management solution. The best things about it are:
- the cord won't dangle and get caught and frayed in the drawer mechanism, or get stuck in the drawer below or hung up on pots/pans etc underneath the drawer.
- the USB C PD ports are capable of charging your laptop or super fast charging compatible phones.
- the hinged cord manager in the back causes very little resistance, and doesn't interfere with my slow-close drawer. It still closes completely.
- Low profile (90 degree) plug for below the drawer. Everything should have this. This reduces the likelihood that furniture or pots/pans, etc. will knock your plug out and disconnect your power, and guarantees you can push your desk, etc all the way up to the wall.
The not so great things:
- If your drawer pushes all the way back to the back of the cabinet/desk, then this thing won't fit. You need 2" or so of a gap between the back of your drawer and the rear of the space. You can cut the drawer to shorten it, but that can get real complicated real fast, depending on the design of the drawer and where your drawer slider hardware is located.
- I noticed that the outlet receptacles don't pinch very tightly on the plug. This is a problem because the thing is inside a drawer. This almost guarantees you will have things in the drawer that could roll around and knock the plug. It has already happened to me that the plug…
Rated 4 out of 5
|Ease of Installation||
Rated 1 out of 5
Rated 3 out of 5
Thank you for your in-depth review! We’re glad all of the thought and detail we pour into our outlet worked out well in your project. After all, the design and engineering details are what collectively make something great. From fast-charging USB-C (PD) Ports to high-quality components such as all-metal construction, strain relief cable management arms, and our innovative and patented interlocking thermostat, we go above and beyond to make the safest in class solutions that can be fitted into just about any cabinet. We encourage Docking Drawer customers to contact our award-winning customer support team to be educated about our outlet specifications and ensure a smooth first time experience. You mentioned issues with the “pinch” of the AC outlet being loose. We use industry-leading Leviton outlets and this type of feedback would not be in line with the quality Leviton is known for. Maybe the outlet or the cord is an issue? Either way, we are happy to send a replacement to make sure the outlet is not the root cause. Balancing the needs for a high-quality product and offering a low-cost is always tricky. To help customers offset costs, we send customers money in exchange for photos of their projects that we can use in our marketing efforts. Learn more here - Photo & Video Buying Program. Thank you for all your support of Docking Drawer. Customers are what makes being a market leader rewarding.